Players and Parents Code of Conduct
Oughterard AFC is a voluntary community based club working in partnership with players and their families. The aim of the Club is to develop the soccer skills of all players in a friendly and safe environment.
This Code of Conduct is based on FAI Guidelines.
There is no room for misbehaviour or any actions, which would damage the good reputation of our club and the sporting progress of each individual club player. All players and parents are expected to abide by the Club Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in the temporary/permanent removal of the individual from the Club.
Players Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules.
- Accept the referee’s decision and let your coach ask any relevant questions after the game
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials, coaches or other players, are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in soccer or in our Club.
- Always do your best and be committed to the game, your team and your Club.
- Be a good sport; applaud all good play whether by your team or the opposition.
- Respect your team mate/opponent. Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not ‘bully’ or take unfair advantage of another player.
- Co-operate with your coach, team-mates and opponents. Without them there would be no game.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Winning and losing is part of the game. Shake hands with your opponents and thank the referee after the game.
- Swearing, cursing or use of bad language is not acceptable.
- Remember you are representing your Club
- The aims of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good. Participate for your own enjoyment.
Parents Code of Conduct
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from all football activities.
- Respect the decisions of officials and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Failure to abide by or any breach of the Code of Conduct will be referred to the Club’s Disciplinary Committee and may result in the temporary/permanent removal of the individual from the Club.